Our Price Level System allows you to set prices for each product category and for each product separately, while at the same time each customer is priced differently.
We’ve set a nice example for managing price levels. Find the example down below and at “Price Levels” Tab in Dealer Relay at any time.
- Price Level - A specific price list assigned to a class of buyers.
- Base Price - A price that is a reference point for all the different price levels assigned to each product.
Price Modifier - A value used to modify the Base Price to the desired price for each class of buyers, Assigned to a price level. A price modifier type can either be percentage (%), difference (+), absolute price ($) or hidden:
- Percentage (%) - Will multiply the base price: For %X the calculation is X * (Base Price) / 100
- Difference (+) - Will add to the base price: For +X the calculation is X + (Base Price)
- Absolute ($) - Will replace the base price: For $X the calculation is X
Hidden - The product will be unavailable
Price Modifier Override -A price modifier that can be assigned to a product or a category used to override the Price Modifier assigned to the price level, allowing you to have granular control over product prices.
- If you assign a price modifier override to a category each product in that category will be modified by it instead of the price level’s price modifier.
- If you assign a price modifier override directly to a product then the base price will be modified by it instead of the category’s or price level’s price modifier.
Dealer - Price modifier = %150
Store - Price modifier = %200
Fruits - Overrides “Dealer” price modifier with %170
Apple - $1.00 Base Price, overrides “Store” price modifier with a fixed $3
Price for a “Dealer” - %170 (from “Fruits” override) * $1.00 (base Apple price) = $1.70
Price for a “Store” - $3.00 (Apple override price)
Pineapple - $5.00 Base Price, no overrides
Price for a “Dealer” - %170 (from “Fruits” override) * $5.00 (base Pineapple price) = $8.50
Price for a “Store” - %200 (from the “Store” price level) * $5.00 (base Pineapple price) = $10.00
Vegetables - Overrides “Store” price modifier with +2.00
Broccoli - $0.50 Base Price
Price for a “Dealer” - %150 (from the “Dealer” price level) * $0.50 (base Broccoli price) = $0.75
Price for a “Store” - 2.00 (from the “Vegetables” price level) + $0.50 (base Broccoli price) = $2.50